Venue information:October 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Address (View map)
44 Leonard Cres
Ascot Vale Victoria 3032
Chef/Cook – WHITE Chef Jacket, Black & White Small Check Pants, Apron, Skull Cap/Hat, Safety Shoes, Knife Kit, Timesheets
Kitchenhand – BLACK Polo Shirt/T-Shirt (no logos), BLACK Tailored Trousers, BLACK Apron, Skull Cap/Hat, Safety Boots, Timesheets
Catering Assistant – BLACK Polo Shirt/T-Shirt (no logos), BLACK Tailored Trousers, BLACK Apron, Skull Cap/Hat, Safety Shoes, Name Badge, Timesheets
F&B / Retail Attendant/Barista / Supervisor / Host – WHITE Ironed Men’s Business shirt, BLACK tailored pants, BLACK fully enclosed leather shoes, BLACK socks, BLACK Tie, Waiters Friend, Timesheets, Note Pad & Pen, and Name Badge
MALE – Hair neatly trimmed & combed, conservative style and off the collar. Freshly clean shaven or beards and moustaches that are short & well-groomed
FEMALE – Long hairstyles must be tied back with accessories MATCHING hair colour, IN A TIGHT OR TIDY BUN or DONUT (Short hairstyles must be very tidy & off the face)
Jewellery & Accessories
- Watches – Conservative styles allowed in silver, gold or black
- Rings – Wedding rings sets or 2 rings per hand are acceptable, no bulky styles
- Bracelets – Medical only
- Necklaces – No visible necklaces
- Piercings – No facial piercings or visible body piercings, females may wear one pair of hoop or stud style earrings, no larger than a five-cent piece
- Tattoos – No visible tattoos
- Makeup – Natural & neutral tones only, do not overuse
- Perfume / Cologne – do not overuse
- Nail polish – Nails clean, shirt & well-manicured, no nail polish allowed
Check-In is required for all employees, all shifts.
Broadcast Compound, Leonard Crescent
Street View: https://goo.gl/maps/YSTVt3Tzf3F2
- Check In required STRICTLY 45 minutes before Start Time
- Enter compound and look for marquee/tent with agency banner
- Report to Hotelstaff
- Accreditation will be issued, Security Checks conducted and Bag Cloaking (only bring what you need)
All staff required to check in as above prior to shift
- Catch the Number 57 Tram (Heading to West Maribyrnong) from Elizabeth Street, City. Allow 30 minutes to 45 minutes for the journey. (Plus 10-15 minutes walking time).
- Hop off at stop number 33 (Cnr Epsom Rd & Union Rd) Head toward traffic lights, turn left into Lang’s Road; walk along the left hand side. Allow 10-15 minutes to walk to Leonard Crescent.
- Turn left into Leonard Crescent. At the end of Leonard Crescent you will see a set of large black gates. This is the Hill Gate. The Hotelstaff team will be located in the PRC Compound to the RHS of this gate.
There is a train the runs to Flemington (Showgrounds Station) however the 1st train may not arrive in time. You will also need to wait at the Station to be collected by a Hotelstaff Representative, which mean allocating more time! Please carefully check the timetable this week.
To plan your journey click: PTV Journey Planner
Do not drive to Flemington
- NO parking is available around surrounding streets
Special Staff Parking Option (Fees Apply)
- Parking for staff working during the four days of the carnival will be available at Moonee Valley Racecourse https://goo.gl/maps/E64xb4bPBiiGv9Hx6 (centre car park)
- A fee of $5 per vehicle each day will apply upon entry. Allow at least 45minutes from when you park to get to the track by your designated arrival time
- Car park opening times are as follow: 5am – 10.30pm
- A free shuttle bus service will operate between Moonee Valley Racecourse and Flemington at frequent intervals and will continue into the evening to transport staff back to their vehicles. Staff can board the shuttle bus at the designated collection/drop off point located near the carpark area at Moonee Valley Racecourse and will disembark at the drop off/collection point near the Hill Gate, Leonard Crescent.
Please note you will not be able to leave shift to move parking location while on shift.
Pay & Conditions
Pay and Conditions for this site are governed by the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010 [MA000009]. Pay Rates for Casual Classification apply as a Monday-Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday rate. For details go to Click Here for Current Pay Rates
Meal Break Provisions
All team members must bring their own meals to be consumed during 30-minute, unpaid scheduled breaks if shift exceeds 6 hours