Venue information:October 31, 2019 10:53 am
Waiter/Bar/Supervisor/Retail – WHITE Ironed Men’s Business shirt, BLACK tailored pants, BLACK fully enclosed leather shoes, BLACK socks, BLACK Tie, Waiters Friend, Name Badge, Note Pad & Pen, and Timesheets
Chef/Cook – WHITE Chef Jacket, Black & White Small Check Pants, Apron, Skull Cap/Hat, Safety Shoes, Knife Kit, Timesheets
Kitchenhand – BLACK Polo Shirt/T-Shirt (no logos), BLACK Tailored Trousers, BLACK Apron, Skull Cap/Hat, Safety Boots, Timesheets
Barista – BLACK Business Shirt/ Polo (no logos), BLACK Tailored Trousers, BLACK fully enclosed leather shoes, BLACK socks, Name Badge, Timesheets
Catering Assistant – BLACK Polo Shirt/T-Shirt (no logos), BLACK Tailored Trousers, BLACK Apron, Skull Cap/Hat, Safety Shoes, Name Badge, Timesheets
MALE – Hair neatly trimmed, conservative style and off the collar. Clean shaven, beards and moustaches short & well-trimmed
FEMALE – Long hair styles must be tied back with a black accessories, ponytail, braid, or tight bun acceptable styles
Broadcaster Compound, look for marquee/tent with agency banner our staff will be there, accreditation is required for Spring Carnival
All staff required to check in prior to shift
- Catch the Number 57 Tram (Heading to West Maribyrnong) from Elizabeth Street, City. Allow 30 minutes to 45 minutes for the journey. (Plus 10-15 minutes walking time).
- Hop off at stop number 33 (Car Epsom Rd & Union Rd) Head toward traffic lights, turn left into Lang’s Road; walk along the left hand side. Allow 10-15 minutes to walk to Leonard.
- Turn left into Leonard Crescent. At the end of Leonard Crescent you will see a set of large black gates. This is the Hill Gate. The Hotelstaff team will be located on the LHS just inside the Hill Gate.
- There is a train the runs to Flemington (Showgrounds Station) however the 1st train may not arrive in time. Please carefully check the timetable this week.
- There are different timetables for each of the race days.
- When you get to the station you will need to call 9650 1311 if you have not been collected by the Hotelstaff representative.
To plan your journey click: PTV Journey Planner
We really do recommend you do not drive as it will be super busy everywhere.
Do not drive to Flemington. Parking restrictions apply & parking is VERY limited. The BEST way to get to Flemington via Public Transport is to take the TRAM.
Parking for staff working during the four days of the carnival will be available at Moonee Valley Racecourse (centre car park). A fee of $5 per vehicle each day will apply upon entry.
Car park opening times are as follow:
Derby Day 5am – 10.30pm
Cup Day 5am – 10.30pm
Oaks Day 5am – 10.30pm
Stakes Day 5am – 10.30pm
A free shuttle bus service will operate between Moonee Valley Racecourse and Flemington at frequent intervals and will continue into the evening to transport staff back to their vehicles. Staff can board the shuttle bus at the designated collection/drop off point located near the carpark area at Moonee Valley Racecourse and will disembark at the drop off/collection point near the Hill Gate, Leonard Crescent.